It can be seen that essential oils can cause miracles to happen because they have a lot of benefits that people can experience, especially when it comes to the home. They can really help with pain, health, and even in improving the beauty of a person. They have more power than you think and they are really helpful in relieving people of certain discomforts in the body. Essential oils are good against muscle tension, inflammation, neuropathy, migraines, and others. They can be applied topically or by putting a few drops in a diffuser. To know which diffuser to buy, you can read reviews about essential oil diffuser to know what people are saying about each product.
Wintergreen essential oil
Wintergreen is not very common, but it is very good for treating people in pain which include headache, arthritis, menstrual cramps, and nerve pain. Wintergreen essential oil is produced by distilling leaves using steam, which contains a lot of methyl salicylate. This has pain-relieving components that works like aspirin because salicylate is a main ingredient of aspirin.
Helichrysum essential oil
This is an essential oil that can be quite expensive and it has pain relieving properties that are valued by many. Some of its properties are analgesic, anti-inflammation, and anti-spasm that really help people. It also helps with arthritis and gives support to the nervous system. A majority of the users say that they are relieved from pain right away – only minutes after the essential has been applied.
Sandalwood essential oil
It is an essential oil that relieves muscle spasms and it is good for sedating the nervous system, which helps in reducing pain in the nerves.
Vetiver essential oil
Vetiver essential oil has been around ever since the ancient times began in Ayurvedic medicine. This essential oil goes through an extraction process before it is produced by using the roots of Vetiveria zizanoides which is a type of grass. It belongs to the same botanical family as citronella and lemon grass. People are relieved from general aches like rheumatism muscular pain, arthritis, and headache.
Lavender essential oil
This is the most well-known essential oil for relieving pain and making you relaxed. Its anti-inflammatory, sedative, and anti-microbial properties help in lessening muscle tension and spasms, headache, and pain in the joints.
Juniper essential oil
Juniper oil has anti-spasmodic and anti-rheumatic properties that help in relieving pain. When you apply Juniper in a lotion or cream, it can help with muscle spasm, and pain in the joints and muscles that care connected to fibromyalgia, arthritis, and certain ailments.
Rosemary essential oil
This essential oil is very effective for headaches, muscle, joint, and muscle pain. Rosemary oil is also good for improving memory, mental alertness, and concentration. It also has an effect that is anti-depressant, which helps in keeping the mood light. You can blend rosemary oil with chamomile, lavender, peppermint, and clary sage. If you are pregnant or currently breast-feeding, you should not use rosemary essential oil because it can be harmful to the baby.
How to use essential oil for pain
- For headache – Mix 4 to 6 drops of essential with 1 tablespoon of a carrier oil of your choice before applying it to the temples by massaging it gently. Keep it away from your eyes. You can also relieve the headache by just smelling the essential oil. All you need to do is to put a few drops of oil on a tissue or cloth. You can also use it for a vaporizer or aromatherapy diffuser.
- As a massage oil – Add about 10 drops of essential for every 1 ounce of carrier oil before massaging it to any part of your body that is experiencing pain, especially on your painful muscles.
- Use it as a bath soak – It is good for soothing muscles that are tired and aching. You can also use it for relieving arthritis and rheumatism. Take the essential oil and pour a few drops of it in a hot bath and if you want to make the effect stronger, add 2 to 3 cups of Epsom salt. It will be better if you will blend the essential oil first with a carrier oil.
- For bruises – All it takes is applying 1 drop if this essential oil to the bruise, but avoid putting too much pressure on it because it can be painful and might worsen the bruise.
- Fibromyalgia – You just have to massage 1 to 2 drops of any essential oil for pain relief onto the area or the soles of the feet every day or whenever you need to.
These are the essential oils for pain and how you can use them properly so that you will be relieved from all of the pain, aches and discomforts that you are feeling.